The best way to ensure a long life for your air conditioning system is by having regular maintenance performed. Air conditioning service professionals come to your home or office to inspect, clean, and lubricate your system in order to minimize the number of breakdowns. The cost of this service can easily pay for itself, since clean and well maintained units are likely to be more energy efficient as well.
Why You Need Air Conditioning Servicing?
You should know that all equipments having moving parts need proper maintenance. Just as you perform regular maintenance on your automobile in order to prevent breakdowns, you also need to do this with your air conditioning unit. There are a number of benefits that can be obtained by doing so including:
- Keeping the system clean helps prevent corrosion, which could cause major components of your system to wear. Dirt inside an air conditioning unit is one of the primary causes of system failure
- Cleaning your system on a regular basis could result in better indoor air quality
- Failure to perform routine maintenance could void the manufacturer’s warranty
- Small problems can be identified early on, thereby making them cheaper to fix
- Some companies offer a discount on parts and labour if repairs are ever needed
- Customers who purchase service agreements typically get preferential treatment during emergencies
- Technicians will be more familiar with your equipment and this can be beneficial to them when making or suggesting repairs
- Freon leaks can be identified early before too much coolant is lost. This is important, as this gas is rather costly to add to your system
- Safety checks are also performed during this time and this can help ensure the system will not catch fire due to a mechanical deficiency
Cleaning and lubricating your air conditioning unit may sound like a simple task, but it is actually quite complex. In order to access some of your system’s major components, electrical wiring and circuits may need to be bypassed. Opening up your equipment can be dangerous for anyone who is not familiar with the interior parts of an air conditioner. You should notice that is possible to lose some key parts when you’re lubricating the system. You may have difficulty reassembling your unit, and this could result in deficiencies in the way this equipment operates. For these reasons, performing air conditioning service on your own is not recommended.
How much will this Cost Me?
Average air conditioning servicing costs are normally very affordable. They are usually based on the type of unit you have and the frequency of visits. Having service performed twice a year is more expensive, but is typically less than double the cost of a single annual visit. Some companies may charge less but provide a less thorough inspection, so you should always ask what a service call includes before you sign a contract. The cost of air conditioning servicing can sometimes be broken down into monthly or even quarterly payments to make it more affordable for those who are on a budget.