A new boiler can decrease your fuel bills as well as keep your home warm and comfortable. This New Boiler Cost Guide will allow you to learn more about why you may need to buy a brand new boiler, the prices and costs involved with installation, what qualities you ought to look for in a brand new boiler, and different grants available.
Need a new boiler?
- You’re going home – your new property may not possess a boiler suitable for your needs, it could likewise be out-dated and wasteful
- You’re renovating – enhancing the relaxation and energy efficiency of your property must be your first priority when making any home improvements. Ensuring you have a new, efficient boiler to maintain your home warm and provided with hot water is top of the list and may boost the value of your property
- Your current boiler is over a decade old – boiler technology has advanced significantly over recent years, so it’s likely that if you bought yours over ten years ago it’s not as efficient as it could be.
New boiler costs
New boilers vary in price depending on type, brand, size and the kind of fuel they use. It’s important to pick the version that’s right on your property; here are some new boiler prices from the most popular manufacturers in the market:
GBP830 It’ll cost between GBP560 and GBP980 to buy a fresh Glow Worm boiler
Well-know producer Vaillant sell new boilers for between GBP740 and
GBP1,100 Worcester Greenstar new boilers cost between GBP1,300 and GBP2,100 Get extra information on new boiler prices.
It’s important to hire a capable engineer to install your new boiler. This way you can be sure you boiler meets legal safety and energy efficiency demands. Hire a:
- A qualified electrician to put in a brand new electric boiler
- An associate of the Oil Firing Technical Association (OFTEC) for oil boiler installation
- A HETAS engineer to put in a brand new solid fuel boiler
Here are some guide prices for new boiler installation costs:
- According to Which? It’ll cost GBP600 to put in a new boiler in the same position as an old one
- Installing a new boiler in a different location will cost between GBP1,500 and GBP1,800, reports Which?
- Get additional information on new boiler installation costs.
What should you look for in a brand newboiler?
1) Firstly, be sure that you don’t need planning permission to install your new boiler – this may be needed should you reside in a listed building or need to use a brand new flue outside of your house
2) To satisfy building regulations, make sure your new boiler is A-rated or at least 88% efficient as judged by the Seasonal Efficiency of Domestic Boilers in the UK (SEDBUK) scale
3) It’s a legal requirement that all new boilers are condensing models. The difference between a condensing and non-condensing boiler is the fact that condensing boilers convert more waste heat into energy, saving you money and helping the ecosystem. If a boiler engineer deems your home unsuitable for a condensing boiler (this is quite rare), you will get a certificate to prove you can install a noncondensing mode
4) Make sure you install proper heating controls along with your new boiler as per component L of building regulations. This means installing, at the very least, an excellent thermostat
5) Choose between a standard system boiler and a combi boiler. System boilers have a cylinder to store hot water in and are great for large homes whereas combis heat water as needed and so don’t want a water tank. Consider a combi in case you reside in a small property
Before you buy a new boiler, check whether you’re qualified for a grant towards the cost. The following systems could supply you with cash towards your new boiler:
The Warm Front scheme provides up to GBP3,500 for English residents who meet eligibility criteria. a brand new boiler All energy suppliers are obliged offer customers grants and discounts towards the cost of new boilers; so ring around to see what sort of deals you could receive
It’s always worth contacting your local authority or Home Improvement Agency (HIA) to see if you meet the requirements for a boiler grant