Interior decoration can be fun and relatively easy to cope with , after all, a simple wallpapering job or lick of paint doesn’t take too long to finish, even if you just have a few hours at the end of a working day free for a couple of weeks. When it comes to kitchens and bathrooms, however, homeowners suddenly become a lot more daunted by the prospect of redesigning and renovating – the idea of stripping away a vital room that’s constantly required on a day-to-day basis by everybody in the home just sounds like too much hassle.
Benefits of Ceramic Tiles in Bathrooms & on Floors
That said, installing or replacing ceramic bathroom tiles or ceramic floor tile (inspiration ideas) isn’t nearly as stressful as you might think. Okay, it takes longer than lifting a carpet or painting four walls, but in terms of finding the best possible décor for your kitchen or bathroom, there really is no better option.
Just take a look at the following ceramic tiling tips we’ve compiled outlining the numerous benefits of laying ceramic tiling in your home:
- To begin with, ceramic tiling is easy to install, either by yourself or a professional contractor; in fact it’s so easy that you could find all the tiling complete in a single room in less than a week! Just make sure you use a spirit level if you fancy giving the DIY option a go, and if ever you’re unsure of what you’re doing ring an expert for an (often free) manual on just how to lay ceramic floor tiles.
- It is also extremely adaptable and versatile; it can be used in a range of different rooms, from kitchens to bathrooms and even conservatories. Plus it can be laid onto almost any surface, whether it be linoleum, wood or flat cement.
- Ceramic tiling comes in a range of colours, shades and patterns to suit your tastes. Whether you are looking for a bold and bright new look for a room, a smooth and sleek finish or if simply fancy toning things down with a softer, more neutral colour palette, there will always be the ceramic floor tile for you.
- The tiles are also neat and tidy, and relatively unobtrusive – keeping your room looking cool and uncluttered all year round.
- Plus they are very easy to clean and maintain too; just a small, damp cloth and some non-corrosive chemical cleaning agent usually does the trick on most spills or stains.
- Ceramic tiles are also extremely durable and long-lasting and don’t wear down easily, so you won’t have to worry about re-fitting or
redecorating the room again anytime soon – giving you a chance to get on with more day-to-day tasks and activities that you’ve been missing out on.
- If a ceramic tile does suffer from a crack or hairline fracture, however, then it is at least just as good to know that the tile is very easy to repair and replace. When you make your original purchase always throw in a few extra tiles (of all the different shades and/or patterns you’ve opted for), just to make certain a repair can be undertaken as quickly as possible.
- Although they aren’t the cheapest flooring option or room redecoration design on the market, ceramic tiles are ultimately a surprisingly good investment; they add value to the property and, once you take into account the lack of repair and/or maintenance work involved in their long lifespan, they prove to be pretty cost-effective too. Plus as long as you shop around, you’ll find that cheap ceramic floor tiles are out there for those on a more restrictive budget!
Ceramic Tile Installation Advice
Before you decide to hire a professional ceramic floor tile installers for your bathroom floor or wall, make sure you do enough research first to locate the best possible professionals that offer the lower prices. A good point to start with is to ask any relatives or friends that had their kitchen renovated recently. Furthermore, you can have a look at Rated People and Check A Trade apart from our web site to find ceramic tiling tips with regards to your ceramic tile installation project.