Well, these days more and more home-owners are looking at electronic locks (also known as electronic door building access control systems or units) to improve access restriction to their properties – but how exactly do these work? And are they worth the bother?Home security is always important; even if you feel safe on a day-to-day basis that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t do everything in your power to make sure you and your family are fully protected against potential thieves or intruders. So how can you beef up your property’s security without opting straight for expensive CCTV or intercom systems?
Advantages of Electronic Lock Installation
- Greater Security – new electronic locks are essentially pick-proof, and make entering your home much safer than the average UK property as only this with the right information or electronic device will a friend or relative be able to access the door on which you have chosen for the new lock.
- No More Keys – because you no longer need a key to gain entry to the property, electronic locks are also extremely useful for those prone to forgetting; making for less fuss and less worry every time you decide to venture outside your home.
- Versatile – if you are still a fan of traditional keys, however, then fear not; most electronic lock designs can be integrated into or with almost any other home security system, whether that means using a two-tier entry device or restricting access to different parts of the home via a PIN code or Yale or Chubb lock; giving your more control and making electronic locks an extremely versatile way to protect your property.
- Easy to Remember – Whether you want to limit access via a key, PIN number or swip card, electronic locks are no more difficult to remember than an ordinary key or bank card device; so you don’t have to worry about over-complicating things or making the home difficult to enter for certain members of the family.
- Aesthetically Pleasing – finally, it is worth noting that electronic locks don’t have to consist of some ugly metal design straight from the pages of a futuristic novel; in fact, their versatility extends to their aesthetics, as most electronic locks come in a range of different styles, colours and designs to suit almost any home across the country!
If you are unsure about what type and style of electronic lock is best for your property, you can always consult a professional locksmith to come and take a look and even carry out a quick inspection of the property before you settle on a final design. It may mean prolonging the planning stage of your home improvement, but by getting in touch with a professional in the early stages you might even be able to save some money, as many locksmiths offer a 2-in-1 deal for purchase and installation of a new electronic lock – making consulting a professional even more worthwhile!